The following new pages or services have been added recently to these WWW
- An updated version of the comet naming guidelines
has been put on-line, to reflect the post-GA administrative changes. [2016 Apr. 17]
- A new guide to video observing has been added.
- The MPChecker script now works with dates back to 1800. You should read
the notes supplied on the MPChecker page for information on this
extension. [2012 June 16]
- Various on-line lists are now supplied in sortable-table format via
new URLs. The plain ASCII versions remain available in their
original locations. More lists will become available in the new
format in the near future. [2012 May 7]
- The DB orbit search feature now has an "Interactive Orbit Sketch"
capability, enabling HTML5-enabled browsers to view an orbit from
any angle. [2012 Apr. 10]
- We were remiss in announcing here the fact that the DB orbit search
feature now returns uncertainties in the primary orbital elements.
Not all orbits yet have this information. [2012 Apr. 10]
- The capability to submit astrometric batches via the Feedback forms
has been added. This is primarily for those observers who cannot
switch off HTML messages or encoded attachments in their e-mail
submissions to the MPC. [2012 Jan. 23]
- The MPES PDF documentation was updated. [2012 Jan. 3]
- The MPES now outputs a message if an object is in the earth's umbra or
penumbra. [2011 June 25]